Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Journey of Mount KK

Mount KK oh Mount KK...indeed you are not something easy to conquer... All kinds of pain in going through it and in the end came back with a first class certificate. least I achieved that.. The journey was about 2 days 1 night. We started off early at about 8.40am..i actually carried a bag of more than 10kg.. Oh my, it was so heavy indeed and the 2 straps actually got broken. Along the way, many other things happened such that my raincoat got torn.

It was a hard and challenging way to Laban Rata which is the first destination. We had to gone through the rocky paths, stairs by stairs which is in different height, rivers, waterfalls and etc. The only thing which we had been anticipating is the sign board of how many KM has we actually passed by. We walk, stop and continue on. After walking for 6 km to reach the simpang to Laban Rata, we were required to walk another 2 km to Laban Rata.

At this moment, I was walking alone. This was the hardest part of the whole journey of Mount KK. All are rocks and we were just needed to climb up. You will never know where is the end and I got really frustrated in the end. Scolded this and that and got really tired. In the end, I reached the destination point at 6 pm. Many were there already and I was thankful to reach there for the buffet dinner.

After that, we took our rest and got ready for the battle the next day. We woke up as early as 1 am in the morning for the conquering of the mountain. Had our breakfast and took off at 2.40am. Another rocky path, all ups and no downs. We had to switch on our torch lights and walk in the dark. One more challenging stuff is that we had to climb by using the ropes. Hard, hard, hard. I had been thinking of giving up for several times before continuing on up until high above the mountain.

If you only think going up was hard, then you think otherwise because going down was equally hard. You have to know where to step as the rocks are all so so slippery. I fell down for at least 20 times just because of the slippery rocks. We reached Laban Rata and next continue our journey down to the Timpohon gate.

This time was much much easier than the other 3 times. Many stairs and we were like running down the thing. 6km an d I took about 3 and a half hours to finish. was was that compared to the ones we took for climbing up the day before. Reached Timpohon gate at 3.45pm and went on for buffet lunch before departing back to the hostel. All in all, this was a very wonderful and memorable trip. I now declared that I will go again next time if I have the chance!


~KLaRaPaRiS~ said...

CONGRATULATION Allen =D you have make the GC Club very proud! Next year it is my turn!

Amanda Rina said...

I am SO proud of you Allen !! :D Congratulation too :D

To Continue Or Not

The best part of something is when you finally know that you have achieve success in something. This time around I have done quite a lot of...